You’re probably familiar with Collations in SQL Server, but how do Collations change in Azure SQL Database Managed Instance?
In this video, Anna Thomas and Colin Murphy cover a brief overview of collations (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/collations) and how they’re different in Azure SQL Database Managed Instance.
- [00:00] – Introduction
- [00:29] – What is a collation?
- [00:55] – Checking current collation in T-SQL and Azure Portal
- [02:13] – How many collations are there and listing the available collations in T-SQL
- [02:41] – Specifying a collation
- [03:24] – Usecase for collations
- [03:46] – Wrap-up