Unity is a game development platform that allows you to create high quality 2D and 3D games, and deploy them across mobile, desktop, VR/AR, gaming consoles or even the web.
In this episode we’re joined by Cloud Developer Advocate Brian Peek (@BrianPeek), who gives us some insight on building games with Unity. He shows how .NET developers can use their skills with Unity and also leverage cloud services in the backend.
- [01:30] – What is Unity?
- [04:31] – What’s the process of going from project to native game?
- [07:46] – Does Unity support .NET standard libraries?
- [09:04] – (Demo) What is the development experience like?
- [15:22] – How do Visual Studio and the Unity editor work together?
- [16:52] – What are some additional services that game developers can use?
- [20:22] – What devices does Unity target?
- [21:25] – How does Unity compare to Xamarin?
- [22:23] – Where can we find helpful resources?
- Unity engine
- Scavenger demo (video | code)
- Azure for Game Developers
- Serverless APIs with Azure Functions
- Create a Free Account (Azure): https://aka.ms/azft-gaming