When organisations are embarking on their Cloud Adoption Journey one of the things that they need to establish is a landing zone, or environment where their servers, workloads, resources can live when hosted within Azure. It’s almost the equivalent to building out a new physical datacentre, you need things like network subnets, security roles, storage, etc
Over the last few months myself and Thomas Maurer have been working on a series of blog posts that explain a bit more about Azure Landing Zones and how you can start to think about them from your companies perspective when embarking on your cloud journey.
- Choose the landing zone for your cloud adoption journey
- Accelerate your cloud adoption with the start small and expand landing zone
- Scale cloud adoption with modular designs for enterprise-scale landing zones
- Deploy key design principles with enterprise-scale architecture
- Leverage Enterprise Scale Reference Implementations for your Cloud Adoption
We’ve had a really good time working through the blog series and trying to answer some of the questions that we often hear around landing zones. As part of the series, we have finished off with a live Q&A that was hosted on the 7th April 2021.
If you missed the live session the recording is available, we’d love to hear any questions you have around Azure Landing Zones so please do drop a comment and we’ll get back to you.
Further resources can be found here:
- What is an Azure Landing Zone?
- Microsoft Learn Module
- Azure Enablement Show: Cloud Adoption Framework
- Cloud Adoption Framework
- Landing Zones Terraform Deployment
- Enterprise Scale References on GitHub
0:02:15 Azure Landing Zones
0:03:00 Migrating to the cloud
0:03:45 Cloud Adoption Framework Introduction
0:06:06 Stages of the Cloud Adoption Framework
0:09:01 Azure Landing Zone Design Areas
0:10:43 What is a Landing Zone
0:12:24 Enterprise Scale Landing Zones
0:14:18 Enterprise Scale Design Principles
0:16:00 Enterprise Scale Landing Zones in GitHub
0:16:50 Reference Architectures
0:22:40 Deploying an Enterprise Scale Landing Zone
0:29:13 Wrap Up